Still Naive

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Knitting, quitting and more

My mom is awesome. She's super obsessed with garage sales. Well, this past weekend she came over and gave me a HUGE box filled with "knitting crap" her words, not mine. Anyway the box was filled with misc yarns older yarns(mostly acrylic). There are 3 skeins of Caron's in a peach and white combo, a couple of skeins of a really soft fluffy (but not fluffy like the devil yarn I have now) baby blue yarn and some single skeins in various solid colors. There was also a bag of straight needles (various metals, wood and plastic) about 20 pairs. Yay! I've been stalling on buying a pair of 13's so I can do the spiderweb capelet, but now with the garage sale find I got 'em. Best of all there was a Boyle Needlemaster kit. You know the one where it's got different sized needles and you can change out the cables to make them different circular lengths. It's missing one cable and one size 6 needle. But everything else is there. I'm excited to try it out.

Super awesome news. I quit. That's right I quit my job. This Friday will be my last day. I'm gonna be a stay at home mommy again. Which is good because HP really needs to get potty trained. Right now my mom watches him and well, lets face it he's the favorite grandkid, so he's spoiled and is allowed to crap his pants when he wants. I'm done with changing poopy diapers. Lemme rephrase that, I'm done with changing huge, stinky, big kid poopies. Baby poopies I'm ready for. HP poopies, I'm done with, gah, it's like the kid eats roadkill or something ugh he really needs to use the big boy potty. We even got him a spongebob toilet seat (which he shows no interest in).

The best good news I finally actually graduated! Wooo hooo! After countless years (I'm so not joking) I finally received my diploma in the mail on Saturday. No I'm not walking, I'm huge and don't want to knock anyone off the stage. I'm very happy, can't really believe that I'm done. Now Steve's contemplating on getting his Masters. I think he should.


PS. Just noticed something. On the inside of the Hershey's Reese's Cookie wrapper it says "Candy is a treat. Please consume in moderation". Are they trying to say something about the way my booty is expanding?

1 Comments:

Blogger adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

gratz on your diploma!!! thats fabulous....
I feel your pain .. potty training can be tough..I still have my once upon a potty video and book in the garage somewhere... u just never know when u will need it.. hehehe .. good luck (^_^)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home