Still Naive

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm an Arrrrteest

Two semesters ago I took an Illustrator class. Our final project for the class was to take a "portrait" of someone and recreate it using Illustrator. I chose this picture:

And turned it into this using the magic of Illustrator:
As part of the final grade we had to submit the artwork into the school art show. I thought I would win something. I got a big fat NADA. I'm not the greatest, but compared to some of the crap that won I should have at least gotten honorable mention or something.

Hubby convinced me to submit it again to the Seminole County Art Show. I had no expectations. Especially when they called me and asked what medium it was. They don't have a category for Computer artwork. Well lo and behold I just got a call and I won 2nd place!!!! That's out of a 192 entrants. Super cool, now it moves onto the national level or something. I kinda teared up. I'm really happy now.

2 Comments:

Blogger magKNITficent said...

Wow!, congrats. It looks very cool

11:21 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

AWWWWWWW! That photo is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on having a beautiful son and having won!!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home