Still Naive

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dang Homie!

So I had my glucose test today. For some reason I thought the test only took 30 minutes of waiting. I was wrong it's an hour. So I was an hour late to work (what are they gonna do? Fire me? Hardy har har!). Anyway I'm a bit spastic so after the lady handed me the horrible "cola" flavored sugar carbonated water I proceeded to spill a couple of ounces on my stomach and jeans. The I almost ralphed as the drink is really gross and you have to drink like 16oz in under 8 minutes. It's much harder than it seems.

After finishing the drink I got to sit around in the waiting room of the testing place for a hour. Starving. As I had to fast for 12 hours. That's a loooong time when you're pregnant and used to eating every hour or so. I also got assulted by a 4 year old little girl and her retractable measuring tape. She demanded that everyone get measured in the room. After measuring me she wanted to help me knit. I let her unwind the ball of yarn, but that wasn't good enough she wanted to use my needles. My lame excuse of "Sorry, you're not old enough and these needles are very sharp. I don't want you to get hurt", didn't phase her. She kept saying "I won't hurt myself, I won't, lemme try". After 5 minutes of me trying to ignore her, which was hard because she kept stepping on my toes and all but climbed into my lap, her mother saved me. She was lured away with the promise of some gum. I did get some knitting done while waiting only about an inch of work for a new baby kimino (this time in stockinette).



I got called back to have my blood drawn which I hate. I'm not a big fan of needles. Usually I get the lady with the skin pigmentation problem. She's super nice and always uses a pediatric needle and she hums- so that distracts me. This time I got the bloodsucker that must have got her license from clown school. I asked for a pediatic needle when I walked in and she said no, then of course she said just joking. She proceeded to ask me why I wanted a pediatric needle, I told her because I was scared of needles and am an admitted wuss. I know that the pediatric needle doesn't hurt any less it's all psychological but that's cool with me. She agreed then asked what I was having, I said boy #2. She counters with "What? No girls?". So of course I say yeah my husband can't do anything right. Then she tells me that its the woman that decides. Women have boys and men have girls. Huh? I disagree (I know now that this was a bad idea) and tell her "Noooo. The sperm, which comes from the guy, decides whether the child shall be boy or girl". Then she jabbed me with the needle and said "See you still jumped even with the baby needle". Well yeah because she was aiming for my freaking bone! I think she gets her hair cut at Clown School too, it was fro-ee and orange. Steve said she beat up on me because I'm hot and she wasn't.

To help ease my pain Steve took me out for lunch to Jason's deli. Freaking awesome! I recommend the Turkey Jack Panini. Super delish and they have free icecream. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home