Still Naive

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Making Room

Aiden's room is coming along nicely. It's been freshly painted, I've hung up the vintage newspaper, spurs, bits and wall hangings. Steve started on the wood floor this weekend. He worked on it all day Sunday and got three rows done. He really sucks at home improvement and he's first to admit it, he wanted to have Lowe's install the floor and I insisted that we could do it. At least he tries and tries hard. Hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) my dad will help get it finished he's a true handy man and it shouldn't take more than day to get it done. Then I'll be able to get the crib out of storage and I can actually put away all the stuff that's sitting on the futon in the picture. It's a tiny room and the only storage is located in the drawers under the crib and attached changing table.




We're going for a vintage cowboy theme. Lots of blue and red. Hopefully he'll like horses and cowboys, if not, well then too bad.




The bits were from the horse I used to own (and I might add try to kill me more than once). The spurs used to be Steve's dad when he was kid. I picked up a vintage newspaper from the 1800's era- Town of Deadwood. The front page proclaims "Wild Bill Shot in Deadwood, Aces and 8's Deadman's Hand". It's super cool- thanks HBO for getting us hooked then cancelling the show.

I still have to make a name wall hanging. I've got a great idea to use a lasso and bend it into Aiden's name and hang it above the crib. Nothing says love like strangling hazzard.



I also picked out his take home outfit. The women in my family have this problem with buying clothes that match the decor of the room. My mom bought a super cute gown and matching hat with little rocking horses and kinda of cowboy themed- which is what I picked as the take home outfit. My sister bought out Toy's R Us' line of cowboy stuff. Complete with two pairs of little cowboy boots for infants. I can't wait to use the blanket she got, it's super soft and has the most adorable stick figures of a cowboy and pony.

1 Comments:

Blogger m. said...

Cute room & cute outfit too! I'm such a bad mom, Emmy had to wear her hospital kimono shirt home 'cause I didn't have a take-home outfit. :)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home