Still Naive

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

4 Days and counting


For the love of god I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER! I had my 39.5 week checkup today. Guess what? I'm still pregnant. I've had no indication of impending labor, no contractions or other "things" that happen. On Sunday (the 14th my due date) if nothing has happened I have to trek to the hospital for a NST (non-stress test). Basically they hook me up to a couple of machines and monitor me for a few hours to make sure that Aiden is still thriving in womb. If I get to the 21st without having him then I get to "discuss options" with my doctor. He said that the OB society doesn't like pregnancies to progress beyond 41wks. I'm wondering if he's part of that society or if he's just trying to make me feel better.

In other news the nursery is completely done. Here's a couple of pictures:


Yes that's HP sitting in the crib admiring the bird nightlight thingy. I was surprised when I walked in and he was kicked back enjoying the music and chirping birds.

And here's the other side of the room. All I need now is a baby to complete look.


I also borrowed a Boppy from a friend and made a super cute super soft fleece slipcover for it. It has little horses, cacti and cowboys.

This is it finished


And a close up of the fabric pattern


That's all for now. Sorry I've missed so much knitting group. I have to admit I'm a little afraid to drive farther than 20mins from the house. God only knows I'd go into labor not be able to make to the hospital in time-I'll end up having the kid in the car, then I'll have to change his name from Aiden to Mitsubishi or Ford. Maybe Explorer instead of Ford depending on which car I get stuck in.

2 Comments:

Blogger magKNITficent said...

Great nursery, all the cowboy stuff is very cute!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I hope Aiden decides to make his debut very soon, you poor thing! I'm sure you must be waaaay past uncomfortable now. Sending you lots of good (and fast) labor vibes!!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home